Benefits for Next Act Theatre and Milwaukee’s Theatre Community
- The Crane Bay site replaces current theatre space which would otherwise be lost to Milwaukee’s smaller companies. In effect, Next Act is moving its theatre space to a new building.
- While Milwaukee has smaller and larger theatre spaces, this 150 seat venue is unique in size: large enough to accommodate to be cost effective, yet small enough to maintain the sense of intimacy and accessibility audiences demands.
- Professional theatre spaces such as those housing the Milwaukee Repertory Theater and the Skylight Opera Theatre have very few weeks of vacancy.
- The new theatre will give small and emerging performance groups, and individual performers a professionally-appointed yet affordable stage to rent for a weekend or a number of weeks.
- This size theatre space means that Next Act can save money by running shows for four weeks rather than our standard five.
- It also means that Next Act has the opportunity to generate additional revenue by making its theatre available to other groups for rent.
- With its location just over the river from the Third Ward, this theatre extends economic development south of downtown Milwaukee. Its audiences will come to know Fifth Ward shops and restaurants.
- The location offers safe, free, and easy parking.
- Unlike the Off-Broadway Theatre, this building will offer attractive, street-level access to the theatre. And, there will be no pillars to impede the view of patrons!